- Preparation time : 30 minutes
- Cooking time : 1 hour
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cups) Graham cracker crumbs
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) melted butter
- Aluminum foil 46 cm (18 in.)wide
- 3- 250 g (8 oz) packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) lemon zest
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) vanilla extract lemon curd (one recipe of homemade commercial)
With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
In a bowl, combine the ingredients. Press lightly into the bottom of a 20cm (8-inch) springform pan. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool. Wrap the outside (bottom and sides) of the springform pan with aluminum foil. Trurn the oven temperature down to 170°C (325°F).
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour onto the crust.
Bake in the middle of the oven for about an hour. Run a thin knife around the inside edge of the pan. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled, about 4 hours.
Top with Saskatoon berries and remove from pan. Test for doneness : the outer edge will be firm, but the centre will
tremble slightly when shaken. For greater accuracy, thermometer inserted into the centre of the cake should read 65°C (150°F). Create your own version of this recipe ! For plain cheese cake, omit lemon zest and replace lemon curd with fresh fruit (strawberries, raspberries, peaches, mangos, etc.) a fruit coulis or caramel sauce.
Taken from : Ricardo’s basic recipes : Lemon cheesecake.